All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. The role of Senior Nursery Nurse is to assist the Management team to provide professional leadership and management of the nursery and to help ensure that all children receive the highest standards of care and education.
Hours: Full Time
The children in our care will laugh and squeal with delight as they make mud pies or as they build dens and play hide and seek.
So if you enjoy splashing in muddy puddles or going on a bear hunt come and join us at St George’s Nursery. You will be welcomed into a world of adventure, excitement and wide eyed wonderment. A place where career satisfaction takes on a whole different meaning.
Our teams receive detailed induction and we have an on-site nursery training manager who provides on-going training such as health and safety, paediatric first aid and safeguarding children, to name but a few.
At St. George’s Nursery, we take pride in the fact that we have such dedicated long-term staff, who are passionate about both childcare as well as St. George’s. 39 members of the St. George’s family have been with us for 5+ years, and 21 members of our team have been with us for 10+ years. They are constantly building on their knowledge and skills and their passion for what they do continues to grow stronger and stronger.
Experience / Qualifications:
• NVQ 3
• Childcare: 2 years (Required)
• Management: 1 year (Preferred)
• Paediatric First Aid preferred but not essential as appropriate training will be given
• DSL (preferred)
• Assist the Manager in the implementation of effective policies and procedures within the nursery.
• Assist the Manager in providing effective day-to-day management of the nursery.
• Liaise with and support parents, carers and other family members.
• Support all staff and promote a good staff team.
• Communication with parents.
• Leading and supporting a staff team.
• To share and support the Manager and have full responsibility during their absence.
• Salary is competitive. It is negotiable depending on age, qualifications and experience. Reviewed annually.
• Great holiday entitlement
• On the job training & access to your own online, bespoke and certified training programme.
• Access to team performance bonus scheme.
• Opportunity to work alongside other long-term and experienced professionals.
• Great career prospects.
• Pension plans.
• Discount on childcare.
Hours: Full time position – Monday to Friday between 7.30 am to 6.00 pm.