If you would like to work in a fun, caring and stimulating environment that values all staff, then this is the perfect opportunity to work for one of the best childcare providers in Leicester.
If you would like to work in a fun, caring and stimulating environment that values all staff, then this is the perfect opportunity to work for the best local childcare provider in Leicester. Our amazing team not only care about and nurture the children but also continuously find ways to help and mentor one another.
The children in our care will laugh and squeal with delight as they make mud pies or as they build dens and play hide and seek.
So if you enjoy splashing in muddy puddles or going on a bear hunt come and join us at St George’s Nursery. You will be welcomed into a world of adventure, excitement and wide eyed wonderment. A place where career satisfaction takes on a whole different meaning.
Our teams receive detailed induction and we have an on-site nursery training manager who provides on-going training such as health and safety, paediatric first aid and safeguarding children, to name but a few.
At St. George’s Nursery, we take pride in the fact that we have such dedicated long-term staff, who are passionate about both childcare as well as St. George’s. 39 members of the St. George’s family have been with us for 5+ years, and 21 members of our team have been with us for 10+ years. They are constantly building on their knowledge and skills and their passion for what they do continues to grow stronger and stronger.
This role will entail:
• Supporting the manager and team in providing a safe & stimulating environment including planning and delivering enjoyable and educational activities
• Assisting in ensuring the safety of the children through implementation of all safeguarding policies and assisting in noting observations
• Understanding the nursery’s policies and procedures and ensuring these are adhered to. These include health and safety practices, safeguarding policies etc.
• Ensuring and maintaining cleanliness and tidiness across the nursery at all times
• Spending time with children in the most engaging way possible to ensure the children are achieving their highest potential and that they are learning in a safe and inspiring environment
You should have:
• GCSE C or above in English and Maths
• Knowledge of EYFS
• Experience of working with early years children (ideally)
• Patience and confidence
• Great organisational, social and relationship building skills
• A positive approach to teamwork, learning and training in order to gain new skills and knowledge
• Friendly, confident, motivated and organised with the ability to well within a team
• A passion for working in the early years sector and enthusiasm for working with children
• A genuine interest in the care and development of young children
• Ability to use own initiative and be passionate about maintaining the highest standards in the setting
You will be joining a professional, open plan, friendly nursery that thrives on delivering excellent childcare to all our parents and children
Full Induction Programme
Discounted Gym membership
Employee childcare discount
20 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays, incl. one week at Christmas
Free, ongoing training from our onsite inhouse trainer
Safeguarding, First Aid and Food Hygiene Training
Access to own online training package provide for by the company for continuous professional development
New uniform provided
Team building events throughout the year
A warm and supportive environment and continuous mentoring
Continuous Professional Development
Career progression & promotion opportunities, supported by training