Deputy Manager (Alyestone) – Job Information
This is a perfect opportunity to work for one of the best child care providers in Leicester; we are a well-established company that has been around for 25 years standing with a “Good” ofsted rating. Due to expansion we are looking for a Deputy to join our friendly and family based company to help complete our passionate management team.
Requirements of Deputy Nursery Manager
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with real passion for childcare who is looking to work within our professional organisation. The role of Deputy Manager is to assist the Nursery Manager to provide professional leadership and management of the nursery and to help ensure that all children receive the highest standards of care and education.
- You must have a good understanding of the EYFS and be capable of maintaining children’s development records.
- We are committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check including being on the yearly update service and references x 2. These referees need to be reliable and prompt.
- Childcare experience: 2/3 years
- Management experience: 1 year
- Paediatric First Aid preferred but not essential as appropriate training will be given
- SEN experience
Responsibilities of Deputy Manager
- Take overall management responsibility for the nursery in the absence of the Manager.
- Assist the Manager in providing effective day-to-day management of the nursery.
- Assist the Manager in the implementation of effective policies and procedures within the nursery.
- Liaise with and support parents, carers and other family members.
- Support all staff and promote a good staff team.
- Communication with parents
- Leading and supporting a staff team
- To share and support the Manager and have full responsibility during their absence
- Salary is competitive. It is negotiable depending on age, qualifications and experience. Reviewed annually
- Great holiday entitlement and paid bank holidays
- Up to 3 days paid sick leave accrued with service
- Successful candidates will be offered an Extensive Induction Programme
- Further on the job training. Also access to your own online training programme. This is bespoke and certified training. Time back will be given for any training attended outside of working hours
- Access to team performance bonus scheme
- Opportunity to work alongside other long term and experienced professionals
- Great career prospects
- Pension plans
- Discount on childcare
- Recommend a friend reward scheme
- Access to Company Counselling services
- Uniform provided
- Good Ofsted grading in all of our settings
Hours: Full time position, Monday to Friday between 7.30 am to 6.00 pm at our City Site.
Previous applicants need not apply