Experience / Qualifications:
• NNEB. NVQ 3. BTEC
• Childcare: 2 years (Required)
• Management: 1 year (Preferred)
• Paediatric First Aid preferred but not essential as appropriate training will be given
• DSL (preferred)
• Assist the Manager in the implementation of effective policies and procedures within the nursery.
• Assist the Manager in providing effective day-to-day management of the nursery.
• Liaise with and support parents, carers and other family members.
• Support all staff and promote a good staff team.
• Communication with parents.
• Leading and supporting a staff team.
• To share and support the Manager and have full responsibility during their absence.
• Salary is competitive. It is negotiable depending on age, qualifications and experience. Reviewed annually.
• Great holiday entitlement
• Further on the job training. Also access to your own online training programme. This is bespoke and certified training. Time back will be given for any training attended outside of working hours.
• Access to team performance bonus scheme.
• Opportunity to work alongside other long term and experienced professionals.
• Great career prospects.
• Pension plans.
• Discount on childcare.
• Access to Company Counselling services.
Hours: Full time position – Monday to Friday between 7.30 am to 6.00 pm.
• Successful candidate must have NNEB/NVQ3 or above
• 2 years+ experience working in Nursery management, leading and supporting a team
• Great leadership and management skills • Excellent understanding of budgeting and fees.
• Organisational skills – e.g. for staffing schedules and planning in accordance with OFSTED regulations
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with children, parents and staff
• Day-to-day management of the Nursery
• Forming positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
• Promoting high standards of quality within the nursery
• General administration in the office
• Promoting and supporting the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults in the workplace by providing a safe and secure environment
• Ensuring the setting’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
• Attending and participating in any further training programmes to up-skill and improve learning
• Delivering rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps young children to develop and flourish
• Working in partnership with other professionals to ensure all individual needs are met and all children are able to reach their full potential
• Building and maintaining the attachments with children developing effective relationships with parents, carers and staff
• Actively seeking marketing opportunities for the setting and working toward achieving full capacity
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.